I provide PPC Expert Witness Services (Pay Per Click Advertising Expert Witness Services) to law firms involved in litigation related to PPC technology or business. I’ve been working with PPC advertising since the early 2000s; I’m also the author of Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing for Dummies.
I’ve provided PPC Expert Witness services on a number of cases, such as the following:
- ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. [FreeCreditReport.com] v. One Technologies LP & Adaptive Marketing, LLC
The triggering of AdWords/PPC ads through use of Plaintiff’s mark
- American Cruise Lines, Inc. v. HMS American Queen Steamboat Co. LLC
- Troubleshooter Network v. HomeAdvisor, Inc., et al.
Defendant used Plaintiff’s trademark in PPC ad text
- HoneyBaked Ham Co, Inc v Honey Baked Ham, LLC
Contract dispute between partners that included PPC issues
- International Metaphysical Ministry v. Wisdom of The Heart Church, d/b/a the University of Metaphysical Sciences Defendant accused of using Plaintiffs mark in PPC ads
- Unimed International, Inc. v. Dermagist, Inc., et al.
Defendant accused of running fake-review sites; I calculated the effect on Plaintiff of PPC ads
- Opportune v. Oportun
Trademark case related to PPC
- Satmodo v. Whenever
I worked as a PPC Expert Witness examining claims of click-fraud
- Amanda Herman et al v. YellowPages.com, LLC
A click-fraud case related to the sale of clicks that Defendant allegedly knew were worthless
- Updated.com, Inc. v. Google, Inc.
Related to payment for AdWords clicks that Defendant allegedly knew were fraudulent
- Neutron Depot, LLC & DepoWeb, Inc. v. Bankrate, Inc.
The use of Plaintiff’s mark in AdWords PPC ads
- Select Comfort Corporation v. John Baxter & Dires, LLC d/b/a Touch Beds & Personal Comfort Beds
SEO and AdWords/PPC issues related to use of Plaintiff’s mark
- IPR (Inter Partes Reexamination) of U.S. Pat. No.: 8,041,711
Worked as a PPC Expert Witness in this case related to a PPC-technology patent; Google AdWords was one of the petitioners
I have worked in the area of Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising for many years. I have run PPC campaigns since at least the early 2000s, am the author of Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing for Dummies, and have written about such issues in various other books and publications.
In addition, over the last 16 years or so I have worked as an ecommerce consultant, providing consulting services in the area of search engines and digital marketing to Amazon, Avvo, Zillow, Lonely Planet, Tower Records, Honey Baked Ham, and hundreds of other companies.
Learn about Peter Kent’s PPC Consulting Services here.
Find out about Peter Kent’s PPC Experience here.