I provide SEO Expert Witness Services (that is, Search Engine Optimization Expert Witness services) to law firms involved in litigation related to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) technology or business.
I have been involved in SEO for a long time; I began in 1998 or 1999 (I was on the Internet starting in 1993, when I wrote the Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Internet), wrote the best selling Search Engine Optimization for Dummies in 2003, have written 6 more editions since then (it’s now called SEO for Dummies, with the most recent edition published late in 2019). I’ve also provided SEO consulting services to numerous companies, including Amazon, Zillow, Avvo, Lonely Planet, Dunn & Bradstreet, and literally hundreds of small- and medium-size companies.
As for SEO Expert Witness services, I’ve worked on numerous cases over the years, such as:
- HoneyBaked Ham Co, Inc v Honey Baked Ham, LLC
SEO, PPC, and Google Shopping issues.
- Louis Bacon v. Peter Nygård
Defendant allegedly used SEO to defame Plaintiff.
- International Metaphysical Ministry v. Wisdom of The Heart Church
Defendant accused of “black hat” SEO that damaged Plaintiff.
- ZipfWorks, Inc. v. PromoCodeWatch, LLC
Alleged theft of SEO-related trade secrets.
- Unimed International, Inc. v. Dermagist, Inc., et al.
SEO issues related to a sham-review Web site disparaging Plaintiff.
- Select Comfort Corporation v. John Baxter & Dires, LLC d/b/a Touch Beds & Personal Comfort Beds
I worked as an SEO Expert Witness in this case looking at both SEO and PPC issues related to use of Plaintiff’s mark.
- The Universal Church v. The Universal Life Church/ULC Monastery et al
The use of Plaintiff’s marks in various Web-site elements for SEO purposes.
- IPR (Inter Partes Review) of U.S. Patents 8,478,746, 8,135,706, 8,478,700
- Karl D. Shehu and Shehu LLC, v. William Adams et al
Related to Plaintiff’s SEO practices.
- DR Distributors, LLC v. 21 Smoking, Inc. et al
The use of SEO keywords in meta tags.
- Bradley S. Cohen v. Ross B. Hansen, Northwest Territorial Mint, S. Firebaugh
The use of SEO in order to boost defamatory Web sites in the search results. I testified at trial as a Search Engine Optimization Expert Witness. My client won a $38M judgement.
- Quia Corporation v. Mattel, Inc.
SEO effects of Defendant’s use of Plaintiff’s trademark.
- Margae, Inc v. Clear Link Technologies, LLC.
Defendant refused to pay this SEO-service firm’s bill.
- International Oddities Inc v. Brian Petruzzi et al.
Use of Plaintiff’s trademark throughout Defendant’s Web sites.
I have worked in the area of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for over 20 years. In addition to writing SEO for Dummies (7 editions since 2003), I also have three video courses on SEO on Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning, and I have one of the top-ranked SEO courses on Udemy.com, with over 30,000 students.
I’m also the author of Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing for Dummies, and have written about SEO in various other books and publications.
Learn about Peter Kent’s SEO Consulting Services here.
Find out about Peter Kent’s SEO Experience here.